Acquiring Life Skills Through The Horse
Established in September 2018, Lead Changes℠ is a nonprofit 501(C)(3) corporation, organized and operated exclusively for educational and charitable purposes. Our commitment is to train youth ages 11 to 17, in horsemanship skills and ranch life through educational programs that enrich their lives and characters, equipping them to become confident, successful leaders.
Lead Changes℠—An Incredible Growth Opportunity for Young People
Lead Changes offers horsemanship skills and leadership programs for youth, aged 11 to 17. On a working horse ranch outside Dubois, Wyoming, boys and girls have the chance to participate in activities that include horsemanship instruction, archery, fly fishing, teepee camping, cattle drives, and responsibilities related to the care of horses and ranch life.
For young people with little experience with the outdoors, horses, and the physical work that strengthens body and mind, our camps are unforgettable and life-changing. Each year, our campers—and their families—share with us that the experience inspired a higher level of confidence and respect for others, helped equip them with a good work ethic and a gave them strength of character to make good decisions to become our future leaders.
The program is led by the world-renowned horseman, Chris Cox, along with other staff, including youth counselors, instructors, and special guests. Every day is filled from sun-up to sundown with activities that captivate the hearts and minds of young people. No previous horse or ranch experience is required.
Boys Horsemanship Leadership Camp
Summer 2023 Dates
May 28 – Jun 10, 2023
Girls Horsemanship Leadership Camp
Summer 2023 Dates
Jun 11 – 24, 2023
Why Do Horses Make The Best Kind Of Friends?
Research has shown that horseback riding and horsemanship (horse care) provides numerous health and wellness benefits to individuals.
- It develops positive character traits, including
patience, discipline, understanding, and self-control.
- It improves physical health, including cardiovascular health, muscular strength, and balance and coordination.
- It stimulates positive psychological feelings, including increased confidence and self-esteem.
- It develops horsemanship skills. Caring for a horse teaches individual problem-solving skills and improves mental focus.
- It allows a closeness to nature that provides numerous health and wellness benefits, including stronger critical thinking skills, higher cognition, and reduced stress levels.